Bike Fit Services
When your body and bike work as a team, you can spend hours in the saddle without pain and generate more speed with less effort.
Revolutions in Fitness Professionals
Like many dedicated bike fitters, Revolutions in Fitness uses state-of-the-art analytic bike fit equipment. But what makes us truly exceptional is the people interpreting the data. The bike fitters at Revolutions in Fitness are licensed sports medicine professionals who have a deep understanding of physiology and biomechanics. Our bike fit credentials include Retül, F.I.S.T., SICI, Moen/Bike PT, Lockwood, and others. We've been dedicated to riding bikes and serving cyclists for decades. Some notable bike fit and physical therapy clients of Revolutions in Fitness include:
- Garmin Pro Cycling Team
- TIBCO Pro Women's Cycling
- San Francisco AIDS/Lifecycle Ride
- Team in Training
State of the Art Technology
We use the latest technology to get the analytic data we need to understand your biomechanics. Technology lets us evaluate different positions effectively.
Our current arsenal of toys and tools includes gebioMized pressure sensing system, Retül 3-D Bike Fit System, Dartfish Video Motion Capture System, and CompuTrainer SpinScan, among other systems. Read more about our collection of bike fit technology here!
Revolutions in Fitness professionals are not just expert cycling analysts, we are also expert listeners. Whether you are a pro racer with world class ambition, or a recreational rider who wants to go 100 miles without hurting, we pay attention to what matters most to you. Different cyclists have different goals. We listen carefully so we can create the custom fit that works.
We offer several fit packages to meet our clients' individual needs and goals. Different options take 1 to 3 hours to complete (see links at right). We recommend the Biodynamic Bike Fit for most of our cycling clients.
Every bike fit includes:
- Meeting with licensed medical and bike fit professional
- Bike and body measurements and analysis
- Optimized bike fit geometry for YOUR goals andmusculoskeletal issues
- Bike fit geometry specification sheet to take home
- An understanding of why changes were made to your bike and why your new geometry is right for you
- Greater efficiency, higher power output, improved comfort, injury prevention, and MORE FUN on your bike
The Bottom Line
No other fitters in the Bay Area can offer our combination of advanced anatomical understanding and cycling expertise. We listen to you and observe your body closely, so we can position you to reach your dreams.
Our Level 1 fits are typically one hour long, and are lower intensity than Level 2 and Level 3 fits. The Level 1 fits that we provide are the following:
- Quick Fit: a low-intensity fit that can be used to help with minor adjustments or issues for your road or mountain bike, especially if you have had your bike fitted in the past year.
- Size Fit: a fit specifically geared around finding the correct numbers and measurements to dial you into a new mountain or road bike, using our Purely Custom Fit Bike or a bike you currently own.
- Saddle Evaluation: A fit geared around finding the right saddle for your bike. We provide a variety of Specialized brand saddles in different sizes.
- Follow-Up Fit: a fit that is intended for anyone who is having any discomfort from recent adjustments, or for people who have had problems crop up after their fit.
Click HERE to read more about each type of Level 1 fit!
Our Level 2 fits are typically two hours long. Also known as our Biodynamic Bike Fit, the Level 2 fit is what we recommend for those who are getting their road, mountain, or Time Trial bike fitted for the first time, or who have not had their bike fitted in over a year. Click HERE to learn more about the Level 2 fit.
The Level 3 fit, also known as our Physical Therapy Fit, combines our Physical Therapy and Biodynamic Bike Fit services. The PT Fit provides an integrated and personalized evaluation of your biomechanics, your bicycle geometry, and the way the two work together. This is a medically recognized service that can be billed to insurance. This fit typically takes three hours to complete. Click HERE to learn more!
Pricing information for the above levels of fits can be found HERE.
SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If you have had a level 2 or 3 fit with us in the past 30 days and are finding that you are still having difficulty getting comfortable on your bike, let us know! We want to make sure that your fit is right for you, and we will provide a complimentary one-hour follow-up if your recent fit with us isn't working out for you.Call or email to schedule a follow-up within 30 days of your appointment.